Wednesday, April 6, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge: Day 7

Day 7 is a song that reminds you of a certain event.

Now as I mentioned on Day 5 this particular song also reminds me of a person. A person who was an integral part of the event/s this song reminds me of. I am kinda in a way breaking the rules because it reminds me of two events....but one is more of a spinoff of the other one.

Instead of completing High School I left early and began my tertiary education. I moved 45 mins /1Hr 15 mins (depends on whether you drive to the speed limit lol) away from my home town and began studying business at a polytechnic, which I guess would be the equivalent of Tafe or community college in other countries. I was living in a dorm which was right next to the hospital and actually used to be a nursing hostel.

One night we had a power cut and a group of us ended up sitting in the hallway talking in the semi darkness. At the time I wasn’t a hugely monogamous woman and was kinda seeing a few guys at once, one of them was a tall dark and handsome guitarist who had aspirations of becoming a rock god. He got his guitar out and starting playing and singing this song to us......he played it again for me at my 18th birthday party later that year but really I was so drunk then I can only assume my brain is using the memory from the blackout night lol

So this song reminds me of him, of that night in the dorms and my 18th birthday party (what I can remember of it lol)

Nothing Else Matters – Metallica

3 comments:

  1. I very nearly used that song for today too but I've used Metallica before so I'm trying to think of other things to use. It's a fantastic song, it's one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like an awesome memory and honestly kind of a hot guy lol xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he was delicious hehe, ahhh back in the days where I had a thing for artists hehe

    ReplyDelete