Wednesday, August 10, 2011

DEMONS Assignment 1

So it's not like, super fantastic or anything, but I'm quite proud that my overall idea came together. I wanted to do something straight forward for the first assignment which is just a regular old origins theme, but using some tools I've only just started using (the Pen Tool, and Gaussian Blur).

I'm also going to be submitting the story part of the competition like a diary kept by the demon herself, so the story unfolds from her perspective alone. Without further ado, here is the first assignment for DEMONS.

Date: 10th August 2731
Codename: Static

I wish I could tell you where I come from. However I don't remember. The first thing I was aware of was a bright overbearing light, green in color. It pierced through my closed eyelids traveling beyond my eye-socket, I can feel the remnants of it in my brain still. I was aware of feeling weightless, but not in control of all my limbs.

When I finally opened my eyes, I could barely see, like I was looking through my eyes for the very first time. I watched as green lights the same color as my surroundings finished applying flesh, or at least I assumed it was flesh at the time, to a grid of my arms and feet.

I don't remember what I am, or who I am but someone has given me a new body, bald and sexless but made from light and energy. I feel connected to my surroundings, a part of an interesting new synthetic ecosystem.

I cannot leave this small space so I have no choice but to wait. Wait for my summoner to show themselves.


1 comment:

  1. Wow that is very interesting. Can't wait to see what comes next! :)

    ReplyDelete