Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Tablet

Yesterday I recieved my brand new graphical tablet in the mail. My husband ordered it for me last week as a ''because I love you'' present. A Wacom INTUOS4 Medium.

I haven't had long to play around with it, I don't have a lot of time to sit and just doodle with it so I took the advice of an experienced editor and starting using the stylus and tablet for browsing the internet and checking my emails, just to get the hang of it.
When I did get time to actually try it in GIMP, I discovered that GIMP has issues with the INTUOS4 Drivers, and I also had to play around with some of the default settings to get the pressure sensitivity to even work (which still needs to be adjusted or I'm going to get some serious hand cramp lol)

I did do one compeition entry with it, just something easy no mad hairdrawing or anything like that. An assignment for Canvas. A dominant black and white image with one color, preferably a prime, I chose green.
I didn't have a theme in mind, I was orginally doing to do something James Bondish.....but since I have had all of a few hours to play with the tablet I'm not too confident in actually doing anything over the top with it and this entry was due yesterday so I don't want to hold everyone up longer than I already have.

Will be hitting up every tutorial I can find to see what methods I can adapt to suit me.....just a matter of finding the time to spend learning new techniques.

3 comments:

  1. wow I cant wait to see what you come up with now you have your tablet! I didn't use any tutorials x) I just kinda experimented on photoshop xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your new tablet! And your assignment looks great <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks gorgeous PK. I'd love to see all that you come up with your tablet.

    ReplyDelete