Monday, January 31, 2011

Pose Combining

I haven't really done all that much in the area of editing since joining Gothique Beauty ages ago. It really taught me to appreciate an in game picture and not rely on editing to get a shot I want.

That being said I have decided for this next assignment for Simiverse I'm going to try my hand at pose combining again. I've only ever done it twice before way back when I first started modeling (in the very first cycle of Simiverse). If it works out how I want it to I might do the same for the next assignment of Flux too.

The other competitions I'm in, I'm still going to stick to a non editing or minor editing only style. Cele creates some amazing images without having to edit(sometimes just minor stuff like lighting) so I'm going to spend some more time experimenting in game as well.

Need to evolve and get better it I'm going to maintain a position in these competitions, so stay tuned for my experimental pose combining pictures :D

4 comments:

  1. I would not even know where to start with it, so good luck! I am sorta tempted sometimes, as I get really tired of the same poses. I'm trying to watch like every interaction of my sims even in just game play to find something interesting =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dude, I can't WAIT to see what you create with pose combining! The most I've ever done with it is switch around one hand lol - I absolutely SUCK at it.

    I've been trying to evolve with my pics and experiment with new things - lots of misses along with a couple of hits, but it's tough and fun. If you evolve even more from where you are now, psh, the sky's not EVEN the limit for you, I'm not kidding.

    It's going to be so much fun keeping up with your competition photos. I'm looking forward to seeing the awesome things you'll create :D

    *and woot! we're finally about to get some cold weather here!!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you will nail it. I kinda have been feeling the same way as you, I backed away from editing and now I don't know how tho get back on the horse. I am stuck with what I know how to do. I need to find time to practice new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it seems these days with all these good editors around that you need to have some skills under your belt in order to compete at a high level.

    My in game shots are keeping me in the top 3/4 in most comps right now....but if I want to survive to the finals of every single one then I really need to be broadening my tool set.

    Lets hope this Simiverse entry turns out how I want it, because I have some dramatic ideas in mind for the Flux entry.

    ReplyDelete